Thursday, January 21, 2010

General Mills Ceral


I was given an awesome opportunity from My Blog Spark and General Mills to try four boxes of General Mills cereal for free.
I have four kids in my home and also run an in home daycare. I go through A LOT of cereal!! It is a quick, easy, and cheap meal.

Some Other cereal benefits:

Ready-to-eat cereals, including presweetened cereals, account for only 5% of sugar in children´s diets.

Ready-to-eat cereal is the No. 1 source of whole grains in a child´s diet today.

More frequent cereal eaters tend to have healthier body weights and lower Body Mass Index measures.

I chose one of the cereals (honey nut cheerios) and I let each of my older kids choose what they wanted (lucky charms, cinnamon toast crunch, and cookie crisp).

I was not afraid of them to by the "treat" type cereal because of the new formula they have.
Not only is cereal lower in calories and fat than most other breakfast choices, cereal is also:

rich in nutrients

a leading source of whole grain

in children's diets

One study of 16,000 adults revealed those who skipped breakfast tended to weigh more than those who ate breakfast.

Eating cereal could mean that you:

consume less fat at breakfast

reduce calorie intake

So Thank you very much to General Mills and My blog spark for this wonderful opportunity. I will defiantly keep buying these cereals!

No comments:

Post a Comment