Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thanksgiving


With this wonderful holiday quickly approaching I have a lot to think about. Not just meal plans, or where to go when.
About two years ago I got to dig very deeply into my family ancestry. I was able to find out that I am a direct descendant of William Bradford and John Howland. Two of the original Pilgrims that came over on the Mayflower. William Bradford was actually the first official Governor of this country.
While I think we should all be Thankful for many things. Not just on Thanksgiving but all year around. I have a new appreciation for this holiday. Lately I have been thinking about the hardships that these few people had while trying to settle here. And also thinking that if they were not as persistent as they were, my dear family would not be here.
They lived wholesome lives and did everything that they could to provide for their families. This is something that my family still tries to live by today.
The message of the day:

Give Thanks to God for all of his blessings. Work hard to provide for your family. Love with all of your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment