Each company has it's own "system" which I have outlined below. Some will award you with points which are redeemable for gift cards or cash, while others will set a dollar amount for each survey you complete. First, here are the basics:
1) Since your survey invitations will come via email, it's a good idea to get a separate account just for this purpose. Yahoo, Hotmail and GMail all offer free and easy email set up.
2) Download the free version of Roboform. Roboform automatically fills in forms for you with the click of your mouse, saving you lots of time and headache. A must for serious surveyers!
3) Maximize your earnings by joining them all. Some companies will offer several surveys per week and others only offer a few per month. Joining them all ensures you'll have the largest number of invitations. If you end up with too many surveys and too little time, you'll have the luxury of choosing which ones to do and which ones to delete!
4) After you join, take the time to fill out the pre-qualification surveys. These are unpaid surveys the company uses to determine the demographic you fall into so they can match you up with the appropriate surveys.
5) Try to take the surveys the same day you get them. Some surveys fill up fast, so you'll earn the most by getting them started ASAP.Remember if you come across other survey companies, never join if you are asked to pay a fee. This is a big red flag! All of the companies reviewed here are legit and free, and ones I myself am a member of.
As I mentioned earlier, there are some companies that I like to use for free amazon stuff, others I use for Christmas savings and others that help me get free restaurant meals. You usually have a variety of ways you can choose to be paid, this is just how I do it.